The Columbia River Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America
- ELEVEN consecutive year national award winning local nonpartisan affiliate of the nonpartisan national organization, the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
- Chartered in 1970, and in continuous operation since
- Comprised of more than 130 members who primarily reside in Clark County and greater Southwest Washington
- Members and surviving spouses of the seven uniformed services are eligible to join to include commissioned and warrant officers who are on active duty, veterans, retired, or are members of the National Guard and Reserve and former commissioned and warrant officers
- The seven commissioned services include US Public Health Service, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- IRC 501(c)19 War Veterans Organization
- EIN is 06-1752523
- The Columbia River Chapter supports the goals and objectives of MOAA through contact with our elected officials and a variety of civic groups
- IRC 501(c)19 organizations can advocate (i.e., lobby), but donations are not generally tax dedcutible
- Therefore, in 2015 we created a subsidiary IRC 501(c)3 public charity called the Columbia River MOAA Foundation (CRMF)
- Eligible for tax deductible donations
- Our EIN is 47-4776049
- Donations to the CRMF for our Support the Troops and Scholarship Funds are tax deductible as allowed by law (consult your tax advisor)
- Donations can be made payable to Columbia River MOAA Foundation (CRMF), or just “CRMF” and mailed to the chapter post office box (PO Box 1872, Vancouver, WA 98668). The chapter treasurer will forward your donation to the CRMF treasurer.
- We are an incorporated and registered charity with the Washington Secretary of State’s office.
- Our UBI is 603-536-781
- Our Charities Registration number is 37632.
- Monthly business and social lunch, brunch or dinner meetings (except we do not meet in July and August)
- Spouses are ALWAYS welcome and encouraged to attend, even if the member is not able to attend
- Annual June wine tasting at a local vineyard
- September Fall Kick Off scholarship barbecue
- Annual Christmas Scholarship social
- Supports local community events to honor Veterans
- Memorial Day
- POW-MIA Day
- Veterans Day
- Costco Heroes Night
- AFJROTC units at local high schools
- We vary the venue and time of the events to accommodate as many busy schedules as we can
- We support the local Vancouver Fisher House
- We support individual veterans facing challenges
- Please visit the Events tab and interactive calendar to learn more about upcoming events.
- Receive Face Book posts and photos of current events and announcements of upcoming events. Like and Follow us on Face Book at Columbia River Chapter–MOAA to receive these.
Board meetings of both the chapter and the CRMF are on the interactive calendar on this website to include the time, date, and location of the meetings. All meetings are open to all members and spouses. They are normally held on the second Thursday at 9:00 (except July and August)
The chapter is active legislatively advocating for all members who currently serve, have previously served (including retirees) as well as their spouses, families, and survivors. More information can be found on the Legislative Affairs page.
- Chapter newsletter published at least six times a year to highlight events and important information affecting all MOAA members
- Newsletter is sent to all members electronically
- Newsletter is mailed to those without Internet (or if requested)
- E-mail or postcard reminders are sent prior to each scheduled meeting or event
- Current newsletters are posted on the Newsletter page of this website as well as an archive of past newsletters
- See Face Book info above under Chapter Activities section
Who is Eligible to Join?
Chapter membership is open to active duty, National Guard, Reserve, retired, and former commissioned officers and warrant officers of the following uniformed services: Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Public Health Service, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Surviving spouses of deceased officers are also eligible to join.
Benefits / Cost of Membership
MILITARY OFFICERS OF AMERICA ASSOCIATION (MOAA)
WITH MOAA MEMBERSHIP YOU GET ALL OF THIS
WHAT YOU GET PRICE
Membership in national MOAA and local chapter FREE
(First 3 years FREE with national. 1st year FREE in chapter, thereafter $15/yr)
12 month associate membership for spouse or partner INCLUDED
MOAA magazine (~390,000 circulation) INCLUDED
On line access to MOAA national and state legislative activity and news bulletins INCLUDED
Access to exclusive products: long term care health insurance, medical products, and exclusive materials INCLUDED
Volunteer opportunities in your state or community chapter INCLUDED
Discounts on hotels, airline, cruises, car rental, home security and more INCLUDED
Representation in Washington, DC and all 50 states. Advocating for and protecting pension rights and benefits for active and retired military and spouse or partner. INCLUDED
TOAL COST TO JOIN: FREE
Learn more. Contact the Columbia River Chapter today.
Contact our Membership Chair or our President, Evelyn Brady at 360-721-0865 firstname.lastname@example.org